Frequently Asked questions
For any enquiries please submit a form via our Contact page, or alternatively please see the below FAQ
Q? The Construction process?
- Who is setting up site with temporary services including electricity and water?
- Who is managing site meetings?
- Who is inspecting the site to maintain quality Control?
- Who is managing the project timelines?
- Who is maintaining the level of quality and finish?
- Who is coordinating with the local authority inspections?
- Who is managing defect inspections?
- Who is managing rectification of defects?
Q? What about the Contract?
- What contract are you using to engage the approved builder?
- Have you confirmed the construction timeline?
- Have you allowed contingencies for variations?
- Have you allowed for extensions for time delays?
- How are progress claims structured?
- Are retentions being imposed?
Q? What about the Builder
- Do you have detailed construction drawings?
- Do you have all the relevant consultant drawings and documentation?
- Do you have a scope of works?
- Do you have a schedule of all items you will be supplying?
- What licences and insurances does the builder hold?
Q? What about detailed design matters?
- After the initial design, review of the consultant’s reports and local authority consultations, will the construction costs of the project still remain within budget?
- Are you using an interior designer?
- Do you know the type of fixtures, fittings and finishes you want and the total cost?
Q? What about Consultants?
- Based on local authority requirements what consultants will be required to submit reports – Hydraulic, Geo Technical, Structural Engineering, Acoustic,
- Mechanical, Electrical? What are the costs to gain each report?
- Are you using consultants who are experienced in this type of design?
- What information will each consultant require before they can provide an accurate report?
Q? What about Local Authority Approvals
- Based on your design and local zoning what approvals will be required?
- Does your project require a Development Application (DA)?
- Do you require a town planner to review the local regulations and precedents to ensure proposed plan complies?
- Who will provide the approvals?
- Are you engaging a Private Certifier?
- What is the cost to gain approvals?
- Do you need to meet local authorities prior to commencing design?
- What are the average approval timelines for the local authorities?
- Who will lodge the applications?
- Who will monitor progress and attend to requests?
- Have you confirmed approximate approval date?
Q? What about Design
- What are the local regulations and zoning?
- Do you have a site survey and measure of your property?
- What will it cost to survey and measure the property?
- What is the primary reason for the development – Rent, sell, operate a business?
- If intending to operate a business for how long?
- Are you working with a designer or architect who is experienced in this type of design?
- Are you charged a flat fee or a percentage of the construction costs?
- Have you confirmed with the architect what your total project budget is including design and construction?
- Have you confirmed a program timeline with the architect to ensure milestone target dates are achieved?
Q? What about Project Budgets & Timelines:
- What is the maximum amount you are able to spend on the entire project?
- Can you spend more if required in case of contingencies?
- What date do you need the project to be completed by?
- What will happen if the project is not completed by this date?
- Do you have a contingency if the project is not completed on time?